Friday, February 15, 2013

Forever Eating Elephants

     Have you ever eaten an elephant? You know tried do something so big it overwhelmed you? Well, I have eaten a few elephants in my lifetime and I think that I am getting pretty good at it now.

    
     My first elephant was writing my first novel. Wow, that was a hard one to chew! It took me six years and I must say it didn't go down very smoothly—I almost choked to death a few times before I was done.
    
     The next elephant I set my sites on consuming was a 300 mile bike ride in three days. Some of my extended family members completed the ride, and for years that elephant paraded back and forth in front of me begging to be eaten. I finished that elephant fifteen years after I told it I would eat it and just before my 40th birthday.
     
     The elephant I currently am planning to consume is internet marketing/social media. I am determined to get on the outside of this one if it kills me. I just sat down at the table, so stay tuned if you want to see how fast I am able to force this wily one down.
     
     There have been a few other elephants I have eaten in my lifetime; some I chose to eat, and some I was forced to eat. I won’t mention them all. Some were palatable, and some were tough, and some were just plain gut-wrenching, but no matter what type of elephant you are eating I promise you the technique for ingesting them is always the same: the only way to eat an entire elephant is one bite at a time!
     
     Hope this helps you find the courage to try Elephant in the near future. They might be an acquired taste, but I warn you, if you ever start eating them . . . it is very hard to stop!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment